Super special post today that just couldn't wait, "I SEE AN ARMY"

12:17:00 PM Atticus Army 1 Comments

Hey Army,

We are still awaiting the final results from our MRI that we had yesterday evening.  But I in the mean time I just wanted to take a moment and thank EVERYONE that has helped support us.  We have had so many people help in countless ways, from family support here at the hospital, all the kind thoughts, words, and prayers we have received.  We have gotten many fun packages that Atticus has loved opening and we have cherished each and every one of them.

Atticus waking up from his 5th MRI.  I love his cute little smirk.


Emmie has had a wonderful group of friends that has been with each other through many hard and difficult times, as well as all the happy ones.  I have seen the way they lean on and support each other throughout our wonderful 10 years of marriage.  It has been a very difficult thing for my lovely bride to have to leave them while we have pursued this Veterinary school adventure and ESPECIALLY during our most recent struggles.

In spite of these obstacles, they have been so supportive in many different ways.  Most recently in the form of poetry.  I just want to say thank you to Brielle and Jess for their heartfelt words and sincere emotions that we felt as we have read these words many times over.


I See An Army

You see a child; face is pale and faint.
Weakened by needles, fear and fate.

I see warriors battle- ready paint;
Patiently forged, as you worried wait.

You see a child sleeping day and night,
Exhausted from endless tests and trials.

I see a GIANT gathering might to defeat the village of tubes and vials.

You see tumors, a fight with cancer.
A demon, a lump, is all you see.

I see faithless fault in your answer,
For this cancer must fight ME!

You see a soldier standing alone,
This is his battle, his solemn war.

I see an ARMY, oh how it's grown!
Angels and prayers and more and more!

You see we are here for a sickness,
For doctors to treat and heal

I see we are sent here to witness,
And to grow, love, and to feel.

You see winning as life over death,
As triumph overcome tragedy.

I see pure love is victories breath,
Exhaled from here to eternity.

You see a child; body frail and faint
Weakened by needles, fear and fate.

I see a child, a mission of grace;
A CHILD, just a child
Building armies as you worried wait.


I feel that this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.  While it is true I may be somewhat biased by the event as of late, but such a heartfelt testimony of a lasting friendship that has matured through trials and love.

All the words I have is,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Please take the time to comment below and tell us what you see?, and share if you feel so inclined.  Let's help our little soldier grow his army strong. 

Click here to comment. I SEE AN ARMY

1 comment:

  1. I see miracles and sharing. My co-worker asks me every few days about Atticus. Sharing his story with her and how amazed she is by his fight and miracles through this whole journey. Continued prayers for your strong family and brave boy!

    ReplyDelete